Spot – The Autonomous Robotic Solution for Collecting Jobsite Data
A collaboration between Trimble and Boston Dynamics, Spot is an agile mobile robot that facilitates autonomous operation on construction sites and takes advantage of Spot’s unique capabilities to navigate challenging, dynamic, and potentially unsafe environments. Use Spot to automate routine inspection tasks and data capture safely, accurately, and frequently. The seamlessly integrated solution between Spot and premier data collection systems including GNSS, RTS, and 3D laser scanning brings safer, more efficient, and more predictable operations to your job site.
- Autonomous Scanning Operation – enable the collection of consistent and reliable data for improved production and quality control monitoring. Simply program Spot to repeat autonomous missions and gather consistent data, then document, change, and perform design validation tasks to ensure the as-built condition matches the as-designed intent.
- Seamless Control – the only fully integrated control system in your data collection system! Control Spot and the X7 laser scanner from afar using the Trimble T100 tablet and Trimble Field Link software. Define a mission for Spot, set scanning parameters for the X7, perform in-field registration, design validation, and access Trimble Connect for project communication and collaboration tools.
- Worker Safety- improve job site safety and address labor shortages by sending Spot and the Trimble X7 laser scanner into unsafe conditions to perform dull, dirty, or dangerous tasks.
- Integrated Docking Station – the self-charging station with built-in dock detection, enables Spot to automatically recognize where to dock to charge itself and the X7 laser scanner. Utilizing multiple docks to facilitate long missions on remote sites transforms Spot into a truly autonomous remote inspection tool.
- Automated Scan Registration in the Field – in-field registration with Trimble FieldLink software ensures the right data is captured the first time. Perform real-time design validation workflows such as scan-to-model comparisons and surface analysis inspections to make immediate decisions in the field without leaving the jobsite.
- Scan Data Upload – a built-in Gigabit Ethernet connection in the docking station enables the fast offload of registered scan data from the X7 laser scanner. Immediately access scan data at the end of a mission or post to a cloud sharing platform to perform design validation analysis.
- Integrated Ruggedized Tablet – a ruggedized Trimble tablet allows you to control Spot and the X7 Laser Scanner through one device. Use the tablet to define a mission for Spot, set scanning parameters for the X7, perform in-field registration, design validation, and access Trimble Connect for project communication and collaboration tools.
- Reality Capture – for repetitive work such as daily walkthroughs, quality assurance, and as-built analysis. Perform in-field registration and design validation.
- Dangerous/Unsafe Site Conditions – keep your team out of extreme environmental conditions whether it’s spills, ledges, or other extremes.
|Autowalk||Unlimited mission lengths|
|WiFi||Dual band 802.11ac support
(availability dependent on region)
|Payload power||Toggle via software in tablet or API|
|High-speed data offload||Quickly offload mission data through dock Ethernet connectivity|
|Metrics opt-out||Opt-out of sending robot performance metrics back to Boston Dynamics|
|Enhanced safety options||Safety stop function PL category 3 per ISO 13849-1 acailable on payload ports|
“Using the X7 integrated with Spot lets us document changes on the jobsite and make important decisions in the field, rather than waiting hours or potentially days for the information to be relayed to our project staff. This allows us to make the best decisions as quickly as possible with the best information.”
—Thai Nyugen, Director of Virtual Design and Construction, Hensel Phelps